Donate via paypal here...
Thanet's only 24/7 emergency food bank, food and donations for those in need
Food and Clothing Bank
Thanet's Families in Need Community Support Service set up a food bank for those in Thanet needing food donations originally in December 2012 when we done our first New years soup kitchen which became one of the services at the forefront of our organisation from April 2013 more so due to welfare reforms and cuts throughout leaving many more in server hardship not only for those on benefits but also those in employment facing unforeseen circumstances and hardship in Thanet.
PLEASE NOTE; This organisation is not apart of the government funded voucher only system.
- We assess each client by their own circumstances young or old, with or without family, on benefits and working all considered.
- Although we encourage people to use their budgeted money wisely to deter the use of food bank where possible, unlike the government funded assistance, we do not limit clients support to a maximum of 3 times per year where the help is genuinely needed.
- Verification of circumstances may be required by form of supporting letter in some situations
- Because all of our donations come in from the community and so as to make sure we have enough stock in at all times to assist claim we donate a maximum of 5 days worth of food a time applicable to the amount of people in the household.
- We also provide clothing in all sizes as well as all usual donation services we other to the whole of Thanet with the general rule that anything unwanted, clean re-usable that can be passed on is gratefully received .
- We understand the urgency of needing food especially for the vulnerable and for children and aim to have your requests ready on the day needed from when contact is made.
We do not have a lengthy claim process and aim to process referrals and requests for food bank within 24 hours
If internet access is available you can use our donation request form although we do advise you call our contact number for a faster response if requiring help as an immediate urgency.
If you are in a crisis or know of anyone that is suffering server hardship or is in need of help in Thanet, please get in touch and we will do all we can to help.
Our donation service is here to help with food parcels, clothing, baby and child equipment and essential household items for those needing assistance in Thanet.
Call/Text 07472 459459 (no voicemails please)
We would like to make it clear that the Thanet food bank and donation service is for genuine emergencies that have left you needing our assistance.
We are a non funded organisation as it stands relying on the donations from the people of Thanet.
Thanet's Families in Needs Food Bank will not be abused by anyone who chooses to misuse their money, misleads us or gives false information.
In these instances you will be denied further help and support from our services.
Although we are an independently run (non government funded) we are now working closely with many local agencies who have been sign posting clients to us, with no other options available offering the immediate service we do with genuine donation requests dealt with on the day.
We are available 7 days a week by phone, email or message
How You Can Help
Donations are most gratefully accepted to help us meet this influx and genuine growing need for food in Thanet for those in need.
Items needed include;
- Long Life Juice
- Spaghetti (Tinned)
- Rice Pudding (Tinned)
- Fruit (Tinned)
- Vegetables (Tinned)
- Long Life Milk
- Tuna (Tinned)
- Tinned meat
- Meat (Tinned)
- Tomatoes (Tinned)
- Baked Beans (Tinned)
- Breakfast Cereal
- Dried Pasta
- Dried Rice
- Pasta Sauce
- Tea Bags
- Cup a Soup
- Soup (Tinned)
- Part baked rolls/bread mix
- Basic household cleaning items
- Toiletries including soup, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrushes, toilet roll
- Wet wipes
Other donations needed to help us help others in Thanet include clean seasonal clothing, toys, baby items, furniture and our general rule.. anything unwanted, reusable that can be passed on is very much appreciated.
We store and donate all essential items from food and clothing up to baby and toy equipment, household items including furniture and white goods where possible furnishing whole house's on several occasions now for those in real hardship.
~ If you have any unwanted items that are clean, re-usable and can be passed on please get in touch and we can arrange for a volunteer to collect or we have our drop off points located below ~
You can also make a donation via our PayPal link below or direct to Paypal using email@example.com
11am - 4pm
Monday - Saturday
Call us on;
To donate via PayPal
Many Thanks to everyone of you that has supported us and helped us to help over 4000 cases for genuine people in need.